Back to: WordPress Website–Learn By Doing following 3 minutes videos
By following a series of 3 minutes videos, you will build your own website. Learning by doing is the most efficient use of your time.
Prerequisite computer skills are as follows:
- Saving files to to your hard drive.
- Finding those files you’ve saved to your hard drive.
- Being good at and knowing the difference between Copying & Pasting and Cutting & Pasting.
- Navigating between multiple windows.
- Going straight to a website by typing the web address in the browser address bar.
- Opening up new tabs in your browser and navigating between tabs.
If these seem challenging, you will not enjoy this course.
Now get ready for us to take you through the process, step-by-step, of building your own website.
If you already have a website...
You’re welcomed to skip to the section titled, “WordPress Basics.”
For this course, you can purchase a domain name from us or from anyone you like. If you purchase your domain name through us, it will automatically be configured to point to the server on which your site will reside. We do this to expedite your setup. If you purchase your domain name through another registrar, that perfectly fine, but you’ll have a bit of configuring to do with that registrar. Either way is fine with us.
For this course, we will set up your site on our server and provide free hosting for 12 months. At anytime within these twelve months, you’re welcomed to move to another hosting company. Or to continue with us for $16/mo. Either way is fine with us.